[help-texinfo] Upgraded texinfo.tex: links are no longer colored

From: Andreas Falkenhahn
Subject: [help-texinfo] Upgraded texinfo.tex: links are no longer colored
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 15:21:34 +0200

I've recently updated my texinfo.tex from a 2012 version to a 2016 version.
With the 2012 version, links were rendered in a dark red colour, see here:
http://www.softwarefailure.de/tmp/old.png

With the new 2016 version, however, links now appear in plain black, see here:
http://www.softwarefailure.de/tmp/new.png

I don't like this. I'd like the links to be clearly distinguishable from normal,
unclickable text. That's why I'd like to have the behaviour of the 2012 version
back, i.e. the links should appear in the same dark red colour as before, not
in black. How can I do that?

Here are the two versions of texinfo.tex for reference:

http://www.softwarefailure.de/tmp/texinfo.tex.old (2012 version)
http://www.softwarefailure.de/tmp/texinfo.tex.new (2016 version)

Thanks!

--