Re: [help-texinfo] [latexrefman-discuss] latexrefman / ltxref.org

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] [latexrefman-discuss] latexrefman / ltxref.org
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 18:22:37 +0100

On 13 May 2016 at 11:14, Vincent Belaïche <address@hidden> wrote:

>I have made a short example attached using @deftypefn, but for
environment I did not find any way to make the second occurrence of the
environment name presented as such (it seems to be some limitation of
Texinfo, no command to recall the function name). Also the indentation
is not so good when you make it multiline (with '@*').

I assume when you say "second occurrence presented as such" you mean the boldface used to highlight the name of the environment?

This is a misuse of the @deffn-type commands. They're not supposed to be used across multiple lines, AFAIK. How about just using the \begin line if you want to use one of the @deffn commands?

>we don't use the @deffn and
suchlikes commands for describing commands & environment

Why do you want to do this? So that you can automatically extract information about the commands and their parameters from the Texinfo file? Macros seem like one possibility for this, allowing processing by other programs that could recognize what they mean.

I found the whole discussion at https://mail.gna.org/public/latexrefman-discuss/2016-05/msg00004.html. IMHO it's a waste of time trying to persuade someone to use Texinfo. If they like it fine, otherwise people gonna use what they gonna use. De gustibus non disputandum est.

On the other hand, if there is something that you'd like to express in Texinfo source that you can't, fire away with your suggestions!