[help-texinfo] Problems with Trash

From: David Hann
Subject: [help-texinfo] Problems with Trash
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:23:17 +0200

Good day,

I recently migrated from Window XP Pro to Linux Mint 17.1 and still finding my feet, but I am enjoying the new experience immensely.

I have run into two problems, the first is the Trash. I cannot get it to empty or respond to commands. I have used sudo apt-get install trash-cli, checking on the latest upgrade, this has loaded successfully. When I use the 'Trash' from the Desktop icon the Trash opens, no problem, but on opening the Trash I loose all the Desktop icons. What is causing this problem?

Regards and best wishes

Dave Hann