[help-texinfo] NODE_NAME_IN_MENU: am I understanding this variable prope

From: Jason Massey
Subject: [help-texinfo] NODE_NAME_IN_MENU: am I understanding this variable properly?
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:09:34 -0500

Greetings,

My ultimate goal is for Texinfo split-HTML output to emit section names within menus rather than node names (and menu descriptions).

I have attempted this by setting the NODE_NAME_IN_MENU variable to zero ('0'). My first attempt I assigned the variable on the command line (--set-customization-variable NODE_NAME_IN_MENU=0). Since that had no noticeable effect on HTML output, I modified NODE_NAME_IN_MENU's default value to '0' in HTML.pm. That had no effect either.

[1]
Am I correctly understanding the purpose of this variable? I.e., that if set to zero, it should cause section names rather than node names to be emitted in HTML menus?

[2]
If so, what would you recommend given what I've written?

Respectfully,

Jason