[help-texinfo] preferred way to change output for a macro

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: [help-texinfo] preferred way to change output for a macro
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:33:42 -0700

Hi,

I'd like to have Texinfo emit different output for variables,
so I redefined the @var macro accordingly.
Texinfo 5.1 tells me a warning about that, but allows it
and the macro works as intended. I can ignore the
warning -- no big deal -- but I wonder if it is intended that
users should change the output in some way other than
redefining @var, or if it is intended that users shouldn't
change the output. Same goes for any other macro.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this question.

Robert Dodier