Re: [help-texinfo] RTEMS Texi2any Progress

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] RTEMS Texi2any Progress
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 00:13:17 +0100

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 02:39:46PM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have made some progress.  :)

There is a customization variable that sets a lot of things to lead to
some texi2html style, along
  --set-customization-variable TEXI2HTML=1

I have attached an init file that should work with 5.0.  You should
uncomment a line and comment the other if you use set the TEXI2HTML
customization variable as above.

> Unfortunately, it is producing it in a subdirectory named "started"
> while the old texi2html produced "started_xx.html" with "started.html"
> being the top page.

That's not a old texi2html that more like an ancient texi2html...
What version of texi2html are you using?

> Is there a combination of options to get this old behavior?

There is certainly, but I am not sure that you want to go there.  The
file names as they are now allow for stable urls and cross manual links,
and follow a specification dating back from 2004.

To avoid the subdirectory and have the file directly in the current
directory, you can pass

  -o ./

> This would make supporting both in our Makefiles easier.

If this is really important, I could try to dig something that allows to
have the old texi2html file names, but I think that you'd better use a
more recent texi2html that also follows the inter manual cross
references specification.

--
Pat