Re: [help-texinfo] Changing background color of the 'verbatim' environme

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Changing background color of the 'verbatim' environment
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:38:38 +0100

() address@hidden (Karl Berry)
() Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:02:33 GMT

       such that rendering programs DTRT for both ‘foo’ and ‘bar’.

   I don't see the problem, in principle.  The information about what
   font should be used for what index entry is completely determined
   (and deterministic) by other known information.

   As Patrice says, though, it could be inconvenient to trace back the
   @syn*indexes and @def*indexes.  I have no objection to adding the
   info explicitly in the XML (or whatever) output.

Yes.  The problem is not in principle, but in practice: How to summarize
the known information for efficient access.  Furthermore, it's not a
problem of Texinfo per se, but of the still-evolving .ixin file format.

Whimsical while-coffee-penetrates-brain aside: Trees are beautiful, and
hanging them by the leaves is almost an unbearable violence, so we try
to be merciful in our transformations.  Too bad computers understand
only the the transformations and not the beauty.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen ..................................... GPG key: 4C807502
.                  NB: ttn at glug dot org is not me                   .