Re: [help-texinfo] Funky Spacing in Pdf document

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Funky Spacing in Pdf document
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:15:24 GMT

Hi again Selma,

    I am also having problems in Html too.  It sporadically  prints menu
    contents as in @menu address@hidden menu followed by empty sections for
    that part of the texi file.

Please say specifically which menus are giving you "empty sections".  I
can't look through 3600 lines of source and magically determine the
problems.  The HTML output does include the menus, by design.

    So to recap in pdf I have problems with inconsistent funky spacing

As previously discussed, a) with many large images and little running
text, there is no magic wand that will give you wonderful pagination,
and b) @page to force a page break and @group to keep things together
are the basic tools in Texinfo.

If there is some particularly egregrious page break that you can't
figure out, please say specifically what it is.

    A copy of my file is attached.

And as Jason mentioned, I expect we would need all your image files to
be able to see the problem for ourselves.

Best,
Karl