Re: [help-texinfo] How fix (non-fatal) error by producing .fo (by fop) f

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] How fix (non-fatal) error by producing .fo (by fop) from .docbook from .texi about missing entities?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:07:47 +0100

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 12:42:57AM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I get cedet.texi from GNU Emacs distro, fix include issue and produce
>     .docbook:
>        $ makeinfo --enable-encoding --docbook -o cedet.docbook cedet.texi
>     [...]
>     Why 'makeinfo' add
>        © “ ”
>     if DocBook spec don't include this entities?
>
> No good reason.  Can you tell us what should be done for the copyright
> symbol and [lr]dquo in Docbook?
>
> And Patrice, can you add a test for this if you don't already have one?

I don't think that a specific test is required for that, as there is no reason
why there should be regressions.  It should already be covered by the
coverage tests anyway (especially the tests of all the @-commands
in references, for example in t/30sectioning.t 'at_commands_in_refs', and
I guess I will also transfer at least part of the remaining tests in
texi2html/tests/coverage).  But an indication on what to use would be nice...

--
Pat