Re: [help-texinfo] Re: Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Re: Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:48:46 -0500

    So you don't think it could be a texinfo bug?

Not finding the index is clearly something about the Emacs reader.

    texinfo (here) fails to build info files from the source *.texi.

That's an independent problem.  I can't say what happened.  Nothing in
what you sent would prevent .info files from being created.  And it is
certainly possible to do it, since they are in the cvs tarball, and I've
done it myself.