[help-texinfo] Re: Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:30:39 -0500

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:

[...]

>     How can I generate that index from the sources..
>
> makeinfo cvs.texinfo.

I've downloaded the source package and navigated to ./doc diretory

Where I find several *.texi files
I created a test area then copied all *.texi to it

When I try to run makeinfo as you suggest I get the warnings below and
nothing is built.  (no info files)

This is texinfo-4.13

In the source directory ./doc... the info files have been compiled and
are present when I unpack the tarball.  They are dated Apr 18 2005

Here again the `i' index search fails when I load these info files.

-------        ---------       ---=---       ---------      --------
cd test
(wrapped for mail)
reader > makeinfo cvs.texinfo

cvs.texinfo:2229: warning: @strong{Note...} produces a spurious
cross-reference in Info; reword to avoid that.

cvs.texinfo:2242: warning: @strong{Note...} produces a spurious
cross-reference in Info; reword to avoid that.

cvs.texinfo:8454: warning: @strong{Note...} produces a spurious
cross-reference in Info; reword to avoid that.

cvs.texinfo:8616: warning: @strong{Note...} produces a spurious
cross-reference in Info; reword to avoid that.

cvs.texinfo:8692: warning: @strong{Note...} produces a spurious
cross-reference in Info; reword to avoid that.

cvs.texinfo:10368: warning: @strong{Note...} produces a spurious
cross-reference in Info; reword to avoid that.

cvs.texinfo:10747: warning: @strong{Note...} produces a spurious
cross-reference in Info; reword to avoid that.

cvs.texinfo:14498: warning: @strong{Note...} produces a spurious
cross-reference in Info; reword to avoid that.