Re: [help-texinfo] is there a "Gits Guide" to debugging a texinfo file p

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] is there a "Gits Guide" to debugging a texinfo file problem?
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:09:53 -0600

Hi Rick,

    I have the netperf manual in texinfo format:

Cool.

    http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf2/doc/netperf.texi

You mean http://www.netperf.org/svn/netperf2/trunk/doc/netperf.texi
I assume.  (I've left /trunk out of more url's than I care to remember. :)

    and somehow between revision 92 of that file, and revision 103

Can you send the file as it existed in those two revisions?

    I have managed to do something that causes it to "drop" "Using
    Netperf to Measure Aggregate performance" when I C-u C-c C-u m in
    emacs (21 or 22).  I'm presently at a loss as to what I may have
    done and was wondering if there were some handy debugging guide?

I'm afraid not.  The only tactic that comes to mind is the usual --
simplify the file as much as it existed.

Looking at the file, one thing that comes to mind is to drop the
pointers off all the @node lines (so they contain just the name of the
node).  I am doubtful that it will help, but at least it is a
simplification (and makes searches in the source less painful).

Another possibility if we can't get it is to ask address@hidden; the
Texinfo support in Elisp is maintained there, these days.  Lots more
Emacs hackers hang out there than here.  (I'm sure they will appreciate
seeing the two versions too.)

Best,
Karl