[help-texinfo] Re: does texinfo supports utf8 now?

From: William Xu
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: does texinfo supports utf8 now?
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 01:19:48 +0900

[Replying my old thread again after so long time...  which is because I
have not been using texinfo much in the past. :P ]

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:
>
>> I just installed another patch from Mirek into CVS which I think should
>> solve this.  If not, please send sample document and point out the
>> incorrect output.
>
> Nice, it works now. Thanks !

Looks like i was too optimistic.  There actually seem to still have
other problems.  I tested four cases, with fresh cvs checkout:

  1. English texts only
  2. Chinese texts only, aligned in source
  3. Chinese texts only, not aligned in source
  4. a mix of English and Chinese texts

Only case 1 and 2 seems to format info outputs nicely.  Outputs in case
3 and 4 are rather poor, as shown in attached image.  I also attached
the test file.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org