[help-texinfo] Re: subversion manual in texinfo

From: reader
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: subversion manual in texinfo
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 21:47:56 -0600

Kendall Shaw <address@hidden> writes:

> I didn't have success either, but the problem here is probably that you
> don't have the doctype statement in the file. Maybe my experience is
> useful information.
>
> I got the the book XML and the tools directory then ran:
>
> make version
>
> in the book directory to create version.xml.

What are you talking about here...  Apparently you have a package or
something not like what I have.  I got subversion-1.4.6.tar.bz2

It contains no book

I was directed to
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/trac/browser/tags/en-1.4-final/src/en/book/
for the book.

Just right off it appears to be sort of a useless site for downloading
anything.  Looks like you are expected to download individual files.

Finally I noticed it offers zip archives.  So getting the book in a
zip archive.  No tools directory is any where to be found in the
directories leading up to the book.  Backing up to where the makefile
is it knows nothing about `make version'

Maybe there is a subversion book package somewhere that is packaged in
some common way... I haven't found it, and apparently no one on
subversion list feels like parting with the information.