Re: [help-texinfo] inserting equation number...

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] inserting equation number...
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:40:01 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Jaison Ambadan wrote:

> Thanks for your kind reply; hope somebody will solve the problem soon...

Anything involving numbering is no problem in the address@hidden' environment,
but is in the address@hidden' environment, since HTML has no concept of macros.

It can be solved with a preprocessor, though.

I _believe_ I've solved a similar problem, i.e., one involving numbering,
in Texipp, a preprocessor I've included in the GNU 3DLDF package.
However, I haven't looked at it in some time, and don't remember clearly
what state it was in.  I think it works.  At any rate, you could take a
look at it and see if you could adapt it to your needs.  You will find it
here.
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/3dldf/3dldf/Group/DOC/TEXINFO/TEXIPP/
I believe all the relevant files are included in the snapshot of GNU
3DLDF, too:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/3dldf/3dldf/Group/SNAPSHOTS/

The core of Texipp is a Flex scanner that reads files that are much like
Texinfo input files, but with a few added commands, which also start with
`@'.  You could test it on the sample input files, which have the
extension `.txp'.  It's not too large, so it shouldn't be too difficult to
understands.  If it doesn't fail, than it probably works.

I hope this is of some help.

Laurence