[help-texinfo] Need help with texinfo (beginner inside)

From: Nicolas
Subject: [help-texinfo] Need help with texinfo (beginner inside)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:17:00 +0200

Hello there!

I plan to work on the cinelerra (non-linear video editor for Linux)
documentation. CV-Cinelerra is a fork of the offical Cinelerra. CV means
"Community Version".

The official version (GPL'ed) ships with a .texi manual file, which we
would like to improve with new and updated contents.

We're still hesitating between working on that texinfo file or
converting it to Latex.

I think texinfo is enough for the (basic) editing styles we'll use on
that document. However, I got some difficulties to convert it to a .pdf
file (that's one of our goal, PDF being easier to read for users).

I encountered two problems with the .texi file for the moment:
- I can't get ride of the empty lines after each @item in the .pdf
  document
- I would like to reduce the margin on each side of the document in the
  .pdf, but I can't find the setting to modify

I put the files we got from the official release here:
http://www.europephoto.com/info/cinelerra/200610/cinelerra_doc.tgz
It's 1Mb, because the pictures are in the archive.

Could someone help me to solve those problems?

Thank you!
Nicolas.