[help-texinfo] Need Advice from Texinfo Experts

From: Tom Browder
Subject: [help-texinfo] Need Advice from Texinfo Experts
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:15:13 -0600

I have taken over as maintainer of the xmlwrapp package (on
sourceforge.net).  Its existing documentation is in XML for DocBook and it's
a pain to keep the tool chain working.

I have had lots of experience with using TeX and LaTeX markup for writing
and generating complex documents, but I have not used Texinfo as a document
source (except as a heavy user of GNU packages).

The docbook XML markup seems lots noisier to me than my limited look at
Texinfo, and I think Texinfo would be easier to edit, maintain, and extend.

The current manual, after processing, results in about 30 pdf pages.  It has
a few tables and lists, but no graphics yet.

So I am thinking of converting the whole XML document source to Texinfo
(using docbook2X) but would like an opinion from others about the move.

Thanks for any advice.

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida