[help-texinfo] web site using texinfo->docbook->html

From: Per Bothner
Subject: [help-texinfo] web site using texinfo->docbook->html
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:45:33 -0700

I'm rather proud of the new Kawa web site:
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/
What's most noteworthy of course is the navigation bar.
The design is optimized for Mozilla/Firefox, since it
makes use of some CSS features that Internet Explorer
doesn't handle, but my hope is it should degrade well
for other/older browsers.

The textual/reference content is written using GNU texinfo,
which is translated to DocBook using (the CVS version of)
GNU makeinfo, which is then translated to html using the
docbook-xsl stylesheets, with a bit of pre-/post-processing
in between.

The scripts can be found by starting with the
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Makefile
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/