Re: [help-texinfo] Re: texinfo.xsl not working

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Re: texinfo.xsl not working
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:05:14 -0400

    Sorry, then I recalled wrongly.  I thought it was XSL (without "T").

You are not wrong.  There is no XSLT in the Texinfo distribution.  There
is the texinfo.xsl style sheet, which I've essentially never touched,
and texinfo.dtd, which I try to keep up to date with respect to new
commands.  That's about the extent of the XML-related work I do.

    How about putting Texinfo on an XML basis?

Definitely not.  For many reasons, I don't see any particular reason to
discard the HTML backend that's already written, which I guess is mostly
what you're talking about.

If you or anyone wants to write XML->whatever transformers, including to
HTML, feel free.  If you or anyone wants to report bugs or contribute
patches to make the XML output better, great.

More use of XML has been discussed ad nauseum in the past, mostly on
texinfo-pretest, but nothing in particular has happened with it.  I have
a lot of other things to work on.