[help-texinfo] Re: Magnification, math images, and figures

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: Magnification, math images, and figures
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 17:14:38 +0200

Hallöchen!

"Laurence Finston" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
>
> I don't really understand how internationalization is supposed to
> work.  [...]

Actually pretty simply: You define a document language within the
source file which is used to determine the language of all text that
is *generated* (rather than written by the author himself).

At the moment, however, the current locale is used, but this is only
provisional behaviour.

> I have the same problem with the `.output' file generated by
> Bison, which I distribute.

The problem is that you have to distinguish clearly between
internationalisation of the administrative and the productive part
of a certain program.  Unfortunately, some programs seem to
intertwine both.

Tschö,
Torsten.