Re: [help-texinfo] changing font size in hardcopy

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] changing font size in hardcopy
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:23:30 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Karl Berry wrote:

>     Is there a reason why `\magnification' wouldn't work?
>
> It'll reset the page size to plain.tex's defaults.

I didn't know it did this.  I'll have to look this up.

> But Matthias, you
> could try this (near the beginning of the doc):

> @tex
> \globaldefs=1
> \magnification=1200
> @end tex

I'm not familiar with `\globaldefs'.  Would it work to set `\vsize',
`\hsize', `\voffset', and `\hoffset' after the call to
`\magnification'?  It may be necessary to use `true' units,
I'm not sure (something else I'll have to look up).

> Thanks Laurence.

My pleasure.

Laurence