Re: [help-texinfo] texi2dvi, German umlauts and links in the resulting P

From: Oliver Beck
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] texi2dvi, German umlauts and links in the resulting PDF
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:16:33 +0200

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:08:26 -0400
address@hidden (Karl Berry) wrote:

> Please send an actual input file that exhibits the problem.

Hmm...i have write a little, trivial file with 3 chapters. One with {[1]
& [2]}, one without {[3] & [4]} umlauts. Both resulting PDF documents
are fully usable. Nothing i can criticise.

My deduction is, that it lies on the texinfo-source that I've been
currently translating. The one with umlauts {[5] & [6]} has no usable
navigation, the one without umlauts {[7] & [8]} has a usable navigation.

To translate this documents you need additional files that can be find
in the tarball under [9]

A complete tarball (without the PDF-Files) can be found under [10]

> Also, please try the latest texinfo.tex if you're not already using
> it. ftp://tug.org/tex/texinfo.tex (among other places).

I have installed the version from Debian.woody dated to 2003-02-02.
Maybe a little bit outdated ;)

> Thanks for the report.

 Nr |                      URL                             |     Bytes
    |                                                      |
[ 1] www.std-err.de/texinfo/with.umlauts.texi                    7.411
[ 2] www.std-err.de/texinfo/with.umlauts.pdf                    21.520
[ 3] www.std-err.de/texinfo/without.umlauts.texi                 7.411
[ 4] www.std-err.de/texinfo/without.umlauts.pdf                 22.424
[ 5] www.std-err.de/texinfo/using_hurd.umlauts.texi            184.976
[ 6] www.std-err.de/texinfo/using_hurd.umlauts.pdf             490.443
[ 7] www.std-err.de/texinfo/using_hurd.without.umlauts.texi    184.718
[ 8] www.std-err.de/texinfo/using_hurd.without.umlauts.pdf     489.171
[ 9] www.std-err.de/texinfo/using_hurd.add-files.tar.bz2        52.084
[10] www.std-err.de/texinfo/texinfo-help.tar.bz2               126.933

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best Regards Oliver Beck

--
 /"\ -ASCII-Ribbon-Campaign- |
 \ /    Against HTML Mail    | -Linux on an VIA EPIA-M9000-