[help-texinfo] texinfo problems

From: John Blevin
Subject: [help-texinfo] texinfo problems
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:40:01 -0400

texinfo help:

I'm having a few problems with texinfo.  I've tried texinfo
4.5, 4.6 and 4.7, same problems seen in all three versions.
Problems are with makeinfo --html.

(1) Certain commands do not format correctly, for instance
@samp{text} should produce 'text', but it produces only
text, i.e. the quotes are missing.

(2) For online menus, menu items with no descriptive text,
a ':' still shows up at the end of the menu entry.
This is not the case if you look at the GNU texinfo
online manual.

Please help!  Thanks,

- John

P.S. The version I'm now running is