Re: [help-texinfo] Too long a list of LocalWords

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Too long a list of LocalWords
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:20:42 +0100

 > Hi Akim,

Hi Karl,

Sorry for the delays...

 > Looking at the hack-local-variables function in files.el, I see that it
 > is hardwired to look only 3000 characters back for Local Variables:.  Argh.

 > I don't know where to look for LocalWords, that string doesn't show up
 > in any Elisp file I have installed.  Can you tell me?

It comes from pressing "A" when ispell-ing.

`A'
     Accept the incorrect word--treat it as correct, but only in this
     editing session and for this buffer.

ispell.el:

(defconst ispell-words-keyword "LocalWords: "
  "The keyword for local oddly-spelled words to accept.
The keyword will be followed by any number of local word spellings.
There can be multiple of these keywords in the file.")

I have read the code that corresponds, but there appears to be no such
limitations.   I tried again, and can't reproduce my problem :(  The
LocalWords section can be placed anywhere.  I supposed I tested
improperly :(

 > If some function can be called to make the LocalWords happen, then the
 > Local Variables: section can be last, and the eval: pseudo-variable
 > used.  I'm sure you already know that ...

Indeed, I had not thought about this possibility.

 > Also, maybe the aspell folks would have an answer, since this is only
 > likely to come up with big aspell users, not generic emacs users.

I do use aspell, indeed, but I don't understand how it would relate to
my issue?

Thanks for your assistance Karl!