Re: macros inside macros

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: macros inside macros
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:53:53 -0500

Hi Charlie,

    @macro speedoflight {}
    @end macro

    1. Is this the best way to do the TeXInfo equivalent of a simple TeX \def?

Yes.

    2. texi2html

I recommend trying makeinfo --html, unless you are using some specific
features of texi2html.  For one thing, texi2html does not (yet?) support
@copying, as far as I know, and it's important to use that in most
cases.  (Otherwise the copyright info does not get into the HTML file.)

    embedded in other macros, so @address@hidden causes makeinfo to barf:

    nco.texi:3459: Unknown command `speedoflight'.
    nco.texi:3459: Misplaced {.
    nco.texi:3459: Misplaced }.

With makeinfo 4.5?  I cannot reproduce (see my input file below, which
comes out ok).  Please send the whole input file and command line ...

    manual, but I couldn't find anything on macros as arguments to macros.

In general, there's nothing special to say.  It should `just work'.

Thanks,