None

From: Bijan Soleymani
Subject: None
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:24:28 -0500

Has anyone here used ITS? :)
I've tried it recently on an emulator and I noticed some nice things
that they did that made the system much more userfriendly.

In ITS when you runs "info", at the top of the screen you get a list
of links to all the sections: "new user info", "text editors",
"network", "programming systems", etc. When you select the links it
takes you to the corresponding section.

The way it works on Debian GNU/Linux is that what you see is a list of
"file utilities", then a list of "programming tools", then a list
of... What would be nice is to have a list of lists.

I know that Debian uses their own version of install-info, so for all
I know the version that comes with texinfo might create such links. If
not it would be trivial to implement and very nice for users.

For example if someone is looking for documentation about programming
tools, they would simply choose the programming tools entry instead of
having to search through the whole list.

P.S. another useful feature they had on ITS was a little script or
program called help, if you just typed help it would tell you what
computer you were using, how to log on, how to get information,
etc. But that doesn't have much to do with texinfo.

Hope this is useful,

Bijan