Re: macro trouble

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: macro trouble
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:53:52 -0500

    Did you mean -e ? I cannot find any -E option.

I guess it's either -e or -E to texi2dvi.  The makeinfo option is -E.

    I want to be able to redefine the way the prototypes will look like
    in a simple way and automatic way as for example be able to add a
    @strong or another style macro without touching the examples.

Hmm, it's a nice thought, but my guess is that you couldn't add @strong
(or whatever) without other things messing up, since @strong is not a
line-for-line environment, so you won't get the right line breaks, for
starters.

My advice is not to use macros unless it's absolutely necessary :).
Your life will be a lot simpler.

    PS: by the way is there a way to shorten the @cindex like for example

    @cindex Array
    @cindex Array creating from Fortran arrays

I wish there was, but at present there's no support for multi-level
indexing.  Sorry.