macro trouble

From: Patrick Guio
Subject: macro trouble
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:28:33 +0100 (MET)

Dear all,
I have written a macro (actually it behaves more like an alias) for
prototypes

@macro protos{protonames}
@example
\protonames\
@end example
@end macro

which I call this way

@protos{
const TinyVector<int, N_rank>&    base() const;
int                               base(int dimension) const;
}

The macro does not work as I expected, using texi2dvi a screen version
looks like

const TinyVector<int, N_rank>& base() const; int base(int dimension) const;

as if the example environnement was not used. Why is it so and how I can
remedy?

Sincerely,
Patrick