Re: How to use thumbpdf with makeinfo-generated pdf?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: How to use thumbpdf with makeinfo-generated pdf?
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:40:41 -0400

    Any other ways to get thumbnails into pdf from TeXInfo?

There is unfortunately no support for thumbnails in the current Texinfo,
in pdf or any other format.  It's never come up before, actually.  What
kind of document are you working on?  (Just wondering.)

All I can think of to do as a workaround is hack texinfo.tex to refer to
the thumbnail instead of the full image.  I've never used pdf thumbnails
and don't know any specifics :(.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.  Perhaps someone else (Stephen?) has
worked on this?