Re: compressing info files w/ gzip or bzip2

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: compressing info files w/ gzip or bzip2
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 11:20:45 +0000 (UTC)

   Hello. I'm documentation manager for Cygwin (cygwin.com),
   a UNIX environment, developed by Red Hat, for Windows.

Since you mention Cygwin, I presume you mean Microsoft Windows, not X
Windows?  Am I right?  (In my personal experience, the term `Windows'
is highly confusing, since it refers to several different windowing
systems.)

   .... I thought that simply compressing the files would work.

Yes, it should.  I just ran GNU Emacs 21.3.50.144 (i686-pc-linux-gnu,
X toolkit) Info on a compressed file and it worked fine.

Sounds like a bug in the Cygwin/Microsoft port of GNU Emacs.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com