Re: formatting Heimdal and KerberosIV documents

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: formatting Heimdal and KerberosIV documents
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:01:49 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Rich Morin wrote:

> Is there a simple recipe I can follow to print these,
> or am I just going to wander around until I get eaten by the wumpus?

To produce PostScript out of Texinfo sources, you need:

  - the GNU Texinfo package (that's where texi2dvi comes from, and
    that's where you get the TeX macros necessary to produce printed
    copy of these docs);

  - TeX and related programs, including basic fonts;

  - the dvips program.

Once you have all these, the rest is easy:

  $ texi2dvi heimdal.texi
  $ dvips -o heimdal.ps heimdal.dvi

That's it!  The above assumes that the main document is heimdal.texi;
check out the Makefile.in file in each directory to see whether it's
true.  Also, in comse cases, it's better to use the appropriate rule
from the Makefile.

If you don't have TeX and dvips installed, you might consider
installing something like teTeX or some other similar package, which
will give you both TeX and dvips, and also the necessary fonts and
much more.