Re: Colons in indices

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Colons in indices
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:57:46 +0000 (UTC)

   Karl> What do you think?  Not using colons in node-names would be
   Karl> fine with me, as long as they can be used in the index?

Currently, in Info, a colon marks the end of the entry in a menu.  An
index is a long, automatically alphabetized menu.

If you change Info, what do you plan to use in place of a colon?

What do you plan to do for backwards compatibility, so that people's
existing dir files and other files?  (Even though I keep my system
pretty up to date, some of my info files were last modified three
years ago.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell                  address@hidden
    Rattlesnake Enterprises             http://www.rattlesnake.com