help-tar

Re: [Help-tar] tar: Child returned status 1, Error is not recoverable: e

From: Robert Kudyba
Subject: Re: [Help-tar] tar: Child returned status 1, Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 09:39:39 -0500

On Feb 8, 2017, at 9:34 AM, Pavel Raiskup <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:11:50 AM CET Robert Kudyba wrote:
It varies depending on the excludes and what part of the file system we are
backing up. That’s why I included the actual backup script. But for arguments
sake here would be one example:

Robert, we need to rule out the possibility that you in reality accidentally use
--atime-preserve, so generated example is not enough.

Yes I’ve been trying to see if that is being used or some how ignored. In the /etc/drobo-backup.conf file I have these 2 options:

backup = /home/users --atime-preserve --exclude=aquota.user --exclude=.gvfs --exclude=--exclude-ignore-recursive=S.gpg-agent --exclude=.adobe --exclude=.config/libvirt/qemu/lib/capabilities.monitor.sock --exclude=.dropbox --exclude=home/users/*/.cache --exclude=.fontconfig --exclude=csga/*/S.gpg-agent --exclude-caches-all

backup = /home/users/aquota.user

Could all of those excludes and additional options be somehow interfering with each other?

The aquota.user file does successfully back up:
Backed up /home/users/aquota.user to
/drobo-rh/drobo-lc/ourdomain/home-users-aquota.user.tgz
So perhaps there is something off in my syntax in the exclude options?