help-tar

Re: [Help-tar] How do I create a tar file similar to a sample tar file?

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-tar] How do I create a tar file similar to a sample tar file?
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 09:50:41 +0200

Sean Ansari <address@hidden> ha escrit:

> 2- My other concern is the output associated with the file command;
> for tar.file I get: POSIX tar archive (GNU) and for
> N900PVPUCNC5_N900PSPTCNC5_N900PVPUCNC5_HOME.tar.md5 I get POSIX tar
> archive. Is there a difference between the GNU version vs. whatever is
> the default format?

The supported formats are described in detail here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/tar/manual/html_section/tar_68.html#SEC132

In particular, the "file" command reports as "POSIX tar archive" two
formats: ustar and posix.  So try recreating your archive with either
-Hustar or -Hposix option.

Regards,
Sergey