help-tar

[Help-tar] Issue in extracting different hard drive in windows

From: Mohankumar
Subject: [Help-tar] Issue in extracting different hard drive in windows
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Experts,

I've the GNU tar utility 1.13.25 (windows).

I've an archive with few backup files. Every file has its own absolute path (ie., C:\Progra~1\Backup\config.txt) in the tar archive.

While extracting this tar, it will be extracted to the same location C:\Progra~1\Backup\config.txt).

I've tried with -C (to extract to different directory) option as well.

I want to extract this tar to some other temporary directory in different drive (say, D:\MyTemp)

Is there an option to achieve this?

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Mohankumar.