help-stow

Re: [Help-stow] Stowing libraries

From: Gaël Roualland
Subject: Re: [Help-stow] Stowing libraries
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 12:55:24 +0200

Franck Pommereau a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I'm using stow to install many software and I'm pretty happy with it.
> However, I just discovered that it seems not well suited to install
> libraries. Assuming that my target directory is /usr/local, stow will
> create symbolic links in /usr/local/lib, which is not suitable for
> ldconfig which ignores links and thus does not take stowed libraries
> into account.

Which ldconfig version are you running ? Even though the manpage says
so, ldconfig has always processed my links in /usr/local/lib (with it in
ld.so.conf). Tracing the process shows that it merely stats the files,
so it doesn't check to see if they're links at all.

Gaël.

--
Gaël Roualland -+- address@hidden