help-smalltalk

Re: Welcome to the "help-smalltalk" mailing list (Digest mode)

From: Luis L
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 15:31:05 +0000

Hi folks! I'm both new around here and a newbie at smalltalk; got fed up with
Pharo crashing and decided to make the switch to GNU smalltalk.

Going through the manual's tutorial I found something that doesn't really quite
click.

When initializing the Account subclasses the initialization ends with ^super
init.

Is it preferable to return super init rather than just have it as a statement
in the initialization method and allow the implicit self to return?

Maybe this is too basic a question, but thanks in advance!