help-smalltalk

Re: Is GNU Smalltalk dead?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Is GNU Smalltalk dead?
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 09:38:18 +0100 (CET)

VisualGST still compiles for me on Solaris 11.4 by the way.

Personally I don't use VisualGST and I think the original approach of GNU
Smalltalk was rather to use GNU emacs as its code browser.

Other Smalltalk implementations can be complementary.

I think that GNU smalltalk is rather for more command-line oriented (and GNU
emacs) style of software development.

Regards,
David Stes