help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Process & Fork

From: Quenio dos Santos
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Process & Fork
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 09:52:31 -0300

Hello Holger,

I've run into more problems as seen below.

At this point, I'm ready to give up on getting the build working on my Mac.

I'll keep using 3.2.5 for small scripts, and I'll start using Pharo for
anything larger.

Thanks for your help,
    Quenio

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:53 AM Holger Freyther <address@hidden> wrote:

> > On 21. Jul 2019, at 00:59, Quenio dos Santos <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>

> > I haven't been able to compiler master on MacOS. I installed GCC and
> configured as follows, but it still seems to be using CLANG:
>

> You can use CC=/usr/loca.../gcc on configure and make ti pick GCC but
> either clang or
> gcc should be fine.

On MacOS, the gcc command actually runs CLANG.

> > $ configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/9.1.0
> --with-gmp=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/9.1.0
> > $ make
> > cd packages/net &&
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make
> >   CC       gnutls-wrapper.o
> >   CCLD     gnutls-wrapper
>
> can you use make V=1 to show me the link line? It seems it is not linking
> to GNUtls at all.
> Maybe have a look at config.log as well to see how gnutls support was
> found.
>
> But. At this stage you should already have a ./gst in the build/src
> directory. Can you see
> if it handles the process switching better?

I'm getting a segmentation fault when using the built gst:

Quenios-MacBook-Pro:smalltalk-playground quenio$
~/Projects/gnu-smalltalk/smalltalk/gst --kernel-directory
/usr/local/Cellar/gnu-smalltalk/3.2.5_8/share/smalltalk/kernel/ counter.im
"Global garbage collection... done, heap grown"
"Global garbage collection... done, heap grown"
Segmentation fault: 11