help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: how to assign a css class to a div? A propos

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: how to assign a css class to a div? A proposal
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:59:58 +0200

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:44:25 +0300
Bèrto ëd Sèra <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would rather not modify this much, and simply add a cssClass method like:

I have not yet felt the need to interfere with that part, and I usually
try to make a mess where I can :-)

One reason is that, if you want to change css properties for all widgets,
you can set them for the css class _widget.

Another is that I can always wrap the widget content with an extra div
of my own, separating the application from the framework a bit more.

Finally, you can replace the default css class _widget by simply using

  contents [
    ^ [ :e | e class: 'whatever'. ... ]
  ]

I would not recommend doing this, however, since whatever "css magic"
the framework might provide in the supplied css file, will stop working,
as the static file will not be updated automatically.

s.