help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Logging facility for GNU-smalltalk

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Logging facility for GNU-smalltalk
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 15:02:31 +0200

This gives you the possiblity, to log directly with a text-format to the
transcript and parallel in html-format to an html-file. Or you could
subclass your own output-handler and formatter and provide some
completely new outputs and formats of the messages.

Very nice.  It could be used for SUnit too...

There exists 6 different kind of messages, which could be printed.
(SEVERE, WARNING, INFO, FINE, FINER, FINEST).

What about CRITICAL, ERROR, WARNING, NOTICE, INFO, DEBUG/ALL (these are six of the eight loglevels used by Linux, see man syslog).

I have no connectivity as I'm writing this, did you write some testcases? With them, I would seriously consider including it in the tarball.

Paolo