help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] Swazoo and VisualGST

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Swazoo and VisualGST
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 18:53:29 +0200

Obviously I'm getting to cocky for my own good.

I started VisualGST in an image where Swazoo (c/o Iliad)
was running. Result: Gui up, Swazoo unresponsive.

Iliad and VisualGST rebuilt from freshly updated svn,
gst from latest git, hence no more need for gtk_init.

address@hidden ot $ gst-load -ivI test.im Iliad VisualGST
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GtkRequisition class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventButton class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventMotion class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof
Recompiling classes...
Recompiling class: GTK.GdkEventConfigure class
Recompiling selector: #sizeof

address@hidden ot $ gst -I test.im
GNU Smalltalk ready

st> Iliad.SwazooIliad startOn: 4080
Iliad.SwazooIliad
st> VisualGST.VisualGST open
st> GTK.Gtk main

I also tried starting Swazoo from a Workspace in VisualGST,
same non-result.

Am I doing something wrong or is this known to not work?

Is there a way around it? Rumor has it that a tall, dark and
handsome debugger might be hidden in our future, so using it
to debug a web app would be quite high on my wish list.

Stumped,
s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl
EDV-Beratung Schmiedl, Berghangstr. 5, D-93413 Cham