help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Swazoo 2.2 beta with fast file upload

From: Krishna
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Swazoo 2.2 beta with fast file upload
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 05:17:12 +0530

Hi all,

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Please help testing it. It is available here:
>>
>> - Squeak: http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo/Swazoo-2.2.beta1.mcz
>
> For portability, you should look for subtractions without a space on either
> side.  I found a few in the new code for POST handling (all of them
> something-1 or something-2).
>
> The class definition for CompositeResourceTest is missing.
>
> I haven't load it yet in GST though.

I tried loading it in the head revision (version reports 3.0c) and I
get the following error when I fileIn the gst-converted source file:

swazoo2.2beta1.st:7982: undefined variable readLimit referenced
swazoo2.2beta1.st:7991: undefined variable position referenced
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8033: undefined variable position referenced
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8049: undefined variable position referenced
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8066: assignment to undeclared variable position
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8078: undefined variable position referenced
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8085: assignment to undeclared variable position
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8091: undefined variable position referenced
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8106: assignment to undeclared variable readLimit
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8125: undefined variable readLimit referenced
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8136: undefined variable position referenced
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8148: undefined variable position referenced
swazoo2.2beta1.st:8158: assignment to undeclared variable readLimit

Both readLimit and position looked like instance variables so I added
them to the class and then the code filed in properly but am not able
to start the server. I tried the following snippet in the worksheet
and it bombed throwing a doesNotUnderstand for #isDigit.

|site|
site := Site new name: 'test'. "name is just for convinience"
site host: 'localhost' ip: '127.0.0.1' port: 8888.
SwazooServer singleton addSite: site.
site start.

Cheers,
-Krishna

--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying