help-serveez

[help-serveez] Using detect-proto

From: Roland Besserer
Subject: [help-serveez] Using detect-proto
Date: 22 Mar 2004 17:26:32 -0800

I hope somebody can shed some light on this so I don't have to dig into
the sources :-)

I'm trying to use detect-proto on initial client connections to store a
version id (transmitted by the client as its initial string) of a newly
connecting client.

Unfortunately, detect-proto seems to work different from what I expected.
When detect-proto is called after a new client has connected to the server,
the receive buffer is always empty. That's not very helpful.

I was under the impression that serveez would call detect-proto once at least
a byte of data has been received by the client (even better, once
specific # of bytes have been received) and the manual mentions a magic
16 bytes. Alas, everything I try results in (svz:sock:receive-buffer-size)
indicating 0 bytes in the receive buffer when I call it in detect-proto.

What am I missing?

Regards

roland