help-serveez

[help-serveez] Re: [dev-serveez] Debian pkgs in unstable, build success

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: [help-serveez] Re: [dev-serveez] Debian pkgs in unstable, build success & failure
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 01:01:26 +0100 (CET)

On 27 Nov 2002, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

hello!

> I am glad to announce that my Serveez Debian packages have reached the
> unstable distribution (sid), so Serveez will be part of the next
> 'stable' release of Debian (sarge).

very nice ! many thanks !

> The packages have been built sucessfully on the following Debian
> architectures (bless the autobuilders ;-):
>
> * alpha, s390, hppa, powerpc, sparc, arm, i64, m86k

exciting. surprising. mmmh.

> These architectures can be added to the PLATFORMS list, i guess.

can you provide the long platform names for those that work ?

> Building failed on mips and mipsel, due to something that looks like a
> libtool error/misuse:
>
> In src/libserveez/Makefile.am:
>
> libserveez_la_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -no-undefined -release @VERSION@

stefan told me that the '-no-undefined' flag is required for the mingw
build to succeed. mmmh. we'll see.

i have a question about the autobuilders: is it possible to run the 'make
check' target ? this would proof that some of the most important data
structures actually run on the target platform.

perhaps it would be worth the effort to implement a test that makes use of
the serveez networking code...

Bye,
    Raimi

--