help-recutils

Re: Help decrypting a confidential field

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Help decrypting a confidential field
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 08:16:41 +0100

    I'm trying to use recutils to manage some confidential information. I
    significantly reorganized a recfile, moving confidential fields to another
    record set. Now I cannot get ~recfix --decrypt~ to decrypt them. I'm
    using recutils 1.8.

    If this is the intended behavior, could future versions of recutils
    reserve encrypted-phrases to only depend on the file passkey and the
    data contained in the specific fields and not depend on the arrangement
    of the keys?

    Is there a shell command I could use to recover the data or is it lost?

Hmm, are the fields in the new record set marked as %confidential?  I
don't think the encryption depends on the arrangement of the keys...