help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] librec - is this a thing? If so, where can I find it

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] librec - is this a thing? If so, where can I find its documentation?
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:21:36 +0200

    I saw on the GNU recutils site that there's a C library (librec) which
    I assume gives C programs the ability to work with recfiles. I've
    looked everywhere, but couldn't find any documentation about it. Could
    someone please point me in the right direction?

The API of librec is documented in the rec.h header file.

The main functions are described in the section labeled "Database
High-Level functions", and approximately correspond to the utilities:

rec_db_query     <=> recsel
rec_db_insert    <=> recins
rec_db_delete    <=> recdel
rec_db_set       <=> recset