help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] RFE; recins -I [type] recfile.rec

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] RFE; recins -I [type] recfile.rec
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:34:27 +0200

    > That is an interesting idea.  But how to build the list of fields to ask
    > for?  Some of the fields are "documented" in the record descriptor,
    > while others may only appear in some record in the record set.

    I suppose that just crawling the chosen recfile and prompting for each
    field found, would be the only way to go. It makes sense that if there
    are multiple record types, then selecting the type would be a) done at
    the CLI or b) the first dialog. If a field only appears outside of the
    descriptor, then it's not mandatory, and then just hitting <enter> at
    the prompt would leave it unset for the new record.

Well, mandatory fields are always declared as such in the descriptors,
so they are easy to determine.

Sounds good.  Let's implement it! :)

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden