Re: RCS Keyword Expansion format for dates [SOLVED]

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: RCS Keyword Expansion format for dates [SOLVED]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:19:02 -0500

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Amit Uttamchandani
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. After looking into this further it turns out that this
> is
> not an issue with RCS but with CVS. CVS has a configuration variable
> *DateFormat* that needs to be explicitly set to *old*, otherwise the dates
> will
> be formatted with a '-' instead of '/'. I thought CVS uses the RCS binaries
> but
> it has its own code to handle keyword expansion.
>
> The reason I thought it was RCS related is because of the RCS keyword
> expansion.
>
> Amit

Ok, I wondered if you were using CVS.  Yeah it was confusing that CVS
absorbed a few too many features from RCS, including references to its
name.

No worries.
/a

--
In general, we reserve the right to have a poor
memory--the computer, however, is supposed to