Changing RCS Directory

From: Jason Dickens
Subject: Changing RCS Directory
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:41:48 -0500

I’m sure this topic has come up before, but the biggest limitation I have to overcome in using RCS is to have the RCS directory local.

On UNIX systems this is not much of a problem because symbolic links can be used to reference any directory. Windows is a different story.

But what I want to know is why don’t we have a command line option to put the RCS directory anywhere we want? Then I could alias the basic commands to include this option and our entire network could share the same RCS directory.

Sincerely,

Jason Dickens

Photonic Controls,LLC